Monday, July 15, 2013

Guatemala to Mexico


It's my last night in Antigua, Guatemala. In the morning I head to Mexico.


I'm not really sure how to explain the strange love affair I had with this city.

The way I fell in love with the sky and the clouds on the mountains and volcanoes.
The two brothers who run the hostel I stay at, the way one of them says over and over "Mucho gusto Bird, Mucho Gusto"
The cats and the bunny who hops around the place
The loud streets even, the bumpy stones all over them, the way you can really feel yourself walk.
The food in the market.
 The food in the morning, either pancakes or egg sandwiches, I never knew I liked either.
Tamar, the woman I lived with. The way she would decorate herself and others, putting feather headbands on everyone, encouraging all of us to see our own beauty.
The earth lodge, a little haven in the hills that saved me one night.
Lunch with an unexpected soul sister from Alburqurque.
The smiles and love of the kids I met.

All the unexpected souls I met and interviewed, the one's who shared bits and pieces of themselves with me.
One's who reflected things I knew and didn't know where there in my heart.
The colors, and the smiles of people on the street.





Some love affairs are brief, it feels I've been here for a strangely long lapse of time and yet at the same time it feels I am moving so quickly. 
But I trust, I accept, to fall in love with a place and the people, but also know there is more to explore.

Today I went to this weaving workshop in a town next to here, I couldn't decide if I should head to Xela or just head to Mexico, but I couldn't leave without saying goodbye to Raul, I skyped a friend and he told me, "don't make the decision, let the decision make you."
It was getting late and if I wanted to head to Xela I needed to leave soon, some girls said they were going to a weaving workshop and I said I want to go, and did. Left Raul a note to book my shuttle for the morning and left, the decision became simple.

It was nice to see all these beautiful patterns this woman made, she talked about the ceremonial aspects of it and then we watched this beautiful little girl show us how it was done. It was amazing to see her tiny hands and arms work the large object that contained the weaving.

I've received so many unexpected gifts.
I want to write more about the three weeks I've spent here and I'm just not sure how to.
It's been a wonderful blessing to rest, create and be in. To be inspired, to learn and to grow and work on the Wish Book in. To experience that wish come to fruition and see all the angels who supported.

I call in more magic for Mexico, ask that I am lead, guided, protected and that I may find beautiful communities to document, share and create in.
More wishes to collect and more videos to make that inspire.
May I be a tool.
May everyone love their dreams.
May you know how special you are.
May you paint and feel everything with your whole heart.
Remember what you have is now, and the future is your place to plant your own seeds to grow.
It's all blank canvas.

I'm so grateful to all the support in my life on this journey.
L'chaim.
Here's to life and all of it's surprises.
the message i received from this book in the market the other day:


sometimes i don't even understand the forces, but i just keep hearing the same thing;
to just
Show Up.






2 comments:

  1. wow, those mountains are so beautiful!!! love the pictures of the girl weaving :) may your adventures keep lifting you up, up and away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post!!!
    <3 Kayla

    ReplyDelete